Welcome to Cybernetics of Sex
✧ Honor the land where you are ✧
- Honor the land where you are – Our home for these in-person sessions is physically located on a server owned or contracted by Zoom while our bodies are elsewhere. Both the servers and where we sit take up space on land where other people once lived. Native-Land.ca | Our home on native land is a resource to find out who the original stewards of the land are where you are.
Complications of Zoom
🍒 For a more equitable viewing experience: Change your Zoom view to “Gallery.” Look to the top right.
This class will be
- 45% discussions and activities grounded in personal experience and readings
- 35% project development
- 20% lecture
☽☼ Homework for next week
- Sign the Code of Conduct by adding a comment of your name at the bottom
- Create an account on are.na and join our group ✶
- Fill out the class questionnaire
- Read/watch at least 3 of the following grounding resources and
- Create a response to these texts, this can be writing, a drawing, a website, or something else! Include questions, impressions, sketches, and notes. If you choose to share a written response, aim for ~200 words. If you choose a drawing or other medium, upload the documentation to the channel.
- Share your responses to this channel as text blocks, images, or links and be prepared to share with the class a little about what you’re sharing. Reminder to join our group ✶
- Mimi Nguyen, Queer Cyborgs and New Mutants
- Donna Haraway, A Cyborg Manifesto
- Patricia Hill Collins, What’s in a name? Womanism, Black Feminism, and Beyond
- Bilphena Yahwon & Nnennaya Amuchie, for black girls considering womanism because feminism is not enuf
- Laboria Cuboniks, Xenofeminism Manifesto
- 8 Minutes with Silvia Federici